file Time to Drive

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
29 Aug 2014 22:01 - 26 Jan 2015 14:25 #1
Because my blogs are generally increasing in length, I'll try to adjust formatting to aid in reading leisure from here on out.

Driving: In a couple days I'll be turning 16, which means that I'll legally be eligible to get my driving permit in the state of Kentucky. That's cool and all. I checked out the Kentucky driving manual to get a feel for how to drive, despite having done it illegally once before (pssst, don't tell anyone). After 10 or so years of watching my parents drive, I've sort of become acclimated to how to do it. Now I just need to get some experience behind the wheel. But here's my question for some of you who might be driving and thus have taken the permit test (mostly because I'm aiming to pass it on the first attempt): How is the test structured? I'd imagine it's simple and on a touchscreen, but is it multiple choice, true/false, blank answer, etc.? I wouldn't say I'm stressing about the test in particular or anything like that, but there's a reason why I want to ace this test on the first try.

My father does not believe I am ready and he believes that I have a hard time paying attention to anything, given experiences in the past. First of all, the reason I might present myself in this way is actually because I've never been in a position where acting otherwise was necessary. With driving it is necessary to pay attention, and thus I know that I'm going to be able to focus, given I focus when necessary. My dad does not think I will pass the test, and he is slightly hesitant on allowing me to get behind the wheel anytime soon, but my aim is to prove him wrong. The first step in doing this is passing that test, because if I fail it the first time, I'd only be helping his case (which is opposite of the goal). I've been reading and studying the driver's manual, most of which was common sense anyway, but for my sake I just want to understand how that the test will go. I imagine I should take a practice test online, so maybe I'll consider that.

ACT: I've opted to take the ACT again in October. This is because, if I want to go to college next year and thereby apply for scholarships nearing the end of this year, I need a score I'm happy with. I got a composite 27 on the first one I took in June, which is not sufficient for me. The mathematics and English sections were my good points, science being slightly lower and reading as the lowest of the scores. What's interesting about it is that I actually did not have enough time to finish reading the last excerpt, so I ended up guessing on most of the last passage. When I go to take practice tests, I'm focusing on the reading, because math and English are not difficult and science just takes some more paying attention as well as cognitive coordination. But alas, I'm not too concerned this time around.

PA and more: I went to Pennsylvania two weeks ago to record my album trailer; that was fun. I'm already writing up my 2014 year in review by month, because there's a lot to get through and it's been an eventful change of atmospheres throughout the year. My PA trip was exhilarating and honestly a good vacation, because I was away from all my immediate family (none of them went) and reconnected with other family, as well as did cool things aside from recording (ATV [went through the woods at night at one point qq], bonfire, cards, etc.). I believe that trip was the end of that phase of the year (basically the end of summer, which was slightly depressing), and I think that now I'm in the last phase of the year that will go on to December, because the next few months are really packed with cool and exciting things (many of which I will blog about). School has started, nobody hates me, and now it's time to move forward. :)

~ TW

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2015 14:25 by Joey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.740 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.