file Pride and Prejudice

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
18 May 2014 04:05 #1
Most people look forward to the end of the school year because it gives them an opportunity to... relax. But I'm learning new things now, and the more I look at the world as it really is, the more I realize how naïve I actually used to be. Though, despite how much I want to seem correct and absolute, especially within the absence of equality that is today's contemporary society, I usually end up back to the same general primitive mindset: Life is too short.

Take this from someone who has just recently gone through two family-related deaths; an opportunity is given to you as another means for choice. If said opportunity turns out to be something worthwhile, take it. People would often times ask me why I care about doing something useful in my life, and the answer isn't too much of a mystery. It is more than an appreciation for the opportunities given to us, just as it is more than what may seem like self-satisfaction. Rather, sometimes it's the little things in life that make our day. The phrase 'make my day' typically suggests that happiness is a temporary emotion, which it is, as all emotions are. However, happiness comes from what you choose to accept - you can either choose to depress yourself by telling yourself you are not going to make it, or you can do just the opposite. Why make yourself feel bad about things that don't matter? You are as good as everybody else - if there's ever a philosophy to live by, just keep in the back of your mind that the world was built by people who are no smarter than you. Just think about that for a bit.

That paragraph took at least three different spotlights; I apologize for my thoughts being so scattered. These days, when I write, I speak exactly from what I am either thinking or feeling, since I feel that's the best way to express an outlook on anything.

A while ago, I made a blog that had something to do with seeing people for who they really are (might have even been my 2013 year review), and deciding who are your true friends and who are not. There's a huge difference between being treated as a friend, and being used. Recently, I feel in the position of the latter, and that's why I am expressing this blog post to you. Basically, the people who use you now in life won't matter in the long run, and that's something that - although may seem awfully cliché - you just have to remember. I'm saying all this because I'm probably going to lose a lot of friends very soon. This is because, as I've expressed in an earlier blog this year, I'm a sophomore going into senior year next year, which means I may make enemies both in my grade and the grade above me. People look at me as some sort of spiteful competitor, who only goes into everything to beat everyone else. This is not true, but unfortunately there are some people who will never know that. It almost makes me question the fidelity of humanity in today's modern times.

...But you know what? In ten years from now, none of these people will matter. Heck, in one year from now, I'll be gone for good, meaning that I'll never have to see them again. I hate to sound as though I hate all of my peers, as that is certainly not the case. In fact, I love each and every one of them. Unfortunately though, I don't believe they will all show the same reciprocation. I can only do so much to show that I care, but I guess that in the end all I will look like is somebody full of pride and prejudice. Take anything you want from this post, as my main intention is advice based on experience, but never lose who you are because of peer pressure. In other words, don't let people dictate who you are; because when you do that, you give up your opportunities for a temporary friendship that will end after high school is over.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
18 May 2014 18:07 - 18 May 2014 18:08 #2
Nice blog Tech, really a good one to read that every community member should read. People are evil and always trying to bring you down. Fortunately, not everyone in the world is like that even though it might seem that way. Although I personally don't know you, you know that I care about you more than half of your peers in your school. Just keep up with your music (and hopefully you pick up programming c:). Life is short, be happy and there is no reason to get upset over the petty things in life. And no, I don't believe for a second you are doing it for fame of graduating early, but rather to get the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of there. I wouldn't blame you for a second to do it.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 18 May 2014 18:08 by Jeff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.003 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.