• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
25 Apr 2014 23:00 - 25 Apr 2014 23:00 #1
Okay, I think I understand now.

No, mom, I don't think programming is for me. I don't doubt that it would be something I could pursue, but it doesn't hold my interest enough to be a career for me. A backup plan, however? Not a problem.

No, dad, I don't want to be a lawyer or anything of the sort. Although I believe that it would be much fun, I would not be fulfilling my purpose in an effective way.

I want to make music. I want to be a positive influence on the world through my music. Acting is nice, but that would only fulfill the "fame/success" part of my goal. For me, it isn't about being famous so much as it is using that fame for the good of this world. We live in a world full of... bullcrap. Celebrities everywhere - pop stars everywhere - are the people our next generation is looking up to now. But are they what we want for the future of humanity? The negative wonders of this world are consuming even the most famous of people because it's cool and people like to feel as though they fit in.

First of all, it isn't about fitting in. I want to be famous simply because I don't fit in. Secondly, the concept of fame is silly. Music producers realize that once they get famous, it isn't about the music anymore - it's the money. To me, that is a twisted reality on every level. It's as if they don't care about the music, but they continue to pursue it because money and fame are this world. Perhaps I'm generalizing, but it seems pretty evident enough the motives behind today's mainstream music. I want to be successful with my music, but I also want to bring back the spirit of musicality in a positive way. Music is about music... obviously.

I make music because I want to. If I only cared about success and fame, I'd be better off trying to act or something. But I've stayed with music, and at this point in my life I'm more active than ever with it. Now it's time to put that action to good use (as that is the plan). I want to offer something different to the media - something that brings music out for what it is. And I want to be successful in doing that. I think that trying to use a passion to make a career is the best option, and I'm realizing now that music really is my passion, because it encompasses much more than that. It allows me to express myself, and it gives me the freedom to do whatever I want. Music has become a part of my life, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks for reading. <3

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2014 23:00 by Joey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Buzzmusic, ProMarbler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
25 Apr 2014 23:18 #2
I 100% agree. :) That's an amazingly true post, and I strongly encourage you to pursue your goal of giving something to the world through music. Good luck.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Thank you received: 20
26 Apr 2014 00:05 - 26 Apr 2014 00:05 #3
Good luck TW! Honestly, I enjoy listening to your music, it has a really cool sound.

It's such a great feeling when it just hits you what your calling is and what you want to do with your life.

EDIT: you should come play MP with us once in a while. I never see you online
Last edit: 26 Apr 2014 00:05 by Kwill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.797 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.