• Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
24 Dec 2010 01:55 #1
Actual post and download link here: philsempire.com/

Enjoy!
...and have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

Phil

Update: back online

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
24 Dec 2010 02:10 #2
Great news! Loving all the new features.

• Thank you received: 2
24 Dec 2010 02:32 #3
Is it safe to get rid of 1.14, get rid of the MarbleBlast Platinum folder, and then rename 1.20 to MarbleBlast Platinum?

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
24 Dec 2010 02:37 #4
Yes, it's fine to. None of your old data is modified by the installer, it may only be used for installing 1.20.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
24 Dec 2010 02:50 #5
Well this is definitely a great news. Hope the Windows version can be released soon though.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• Thank you received: 2
24 Dec 2010 03:02 #6
Is there a console command to reset the field of view? I like the feature, but I'd like to be able to set it back to default. It was somewhat convenient in the past because if you wanted to change the field of view, all you had to do was change the width of the resolution (your senses adapt to different field of views).

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
24 Dec 2010 03:06 #7
By default it's set to what the FOV has always been - 90 degrees.

You don't need to use the console. Go to the Options and click 'Extras'. Then click 'Defaults' - all settings within this dialog will be reset to the default.

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
24 Dec 2010 06:46 #8
The website is back online - had to reupload the game.

• Thank you received: 0
24 Dec 2010 08:41 #9
Are you planning to release a windows version of 1.20 soon?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 Dec 2010 09:06 #10
Windows version is unknown as it also needs a lot of Leaderboards stuff, including LB fixes that were requested 1.5 years ago, as well as new custom level packs and additional content that won't be seen on Mac, or until Mac 1.21 (whenever that will be).

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
24 Dec 2010 11:40 #11
That means that everyone who have PC will need to whait till summer i guess

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Dec 2010 11:42 #12
Great news, Mac users get a head start on the new features .
Haha, anyways. Can't wait for Windows release.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Dec 2010 17:10 #13
RDs.Empire, the plan is for late january release (then again, could be feb) but it will have more fixes and content that the mac users didn't get, including LB fixes and more LB level packs and other things which I'm planning to happen for Windows.

• Thank you received: 18
24 Dec 2010 20:39 #14
To answer Pokko's question, there won't be any videos. This is because the release date isn't too far away and because many of the features are for convenience, not gameplay.

26 Dec 2010 08:51 #15
Just tried it, and it's awesome!

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
08 Jan 2011 03:50 #16
Pretty impressive! Just downloaded it. Now add LB support
One tip for you, you should go into platinum/client/scripts/missiondownload.cs on your new versions, and change the way the loading bar works, making it go from loading the level twice (because of how the loading bar fills up twice) to only loading it once, by simply changing the following lines:
Code://In onPhase1Progress()
//LoadingProgress.setValue(%progress);
//Change to
LoadingProgress.setValue(%progress/2);
//In onPhase2Progress()
//LoadingProgress.setValue(%progress);
//Change to
LoadingProgress.setValue(0.5+(%progress/2));

This will make it only appear to load once, which I find nicer looking. You don't have to do this, it's just my opinion. The new 1.20 looks slicker than ever, and leads me to wonder, were there any level modifications?

HiGuy

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
08 Jan 2011 04:48 #17
No, there weren't any level changes.

• Thank you received: 18
08 Jan 2011 06:03 #18
That's a good idea to make the loading bar go only once. I never could understand why it loads twice.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Jan 2011 06:25 #19
Only Windows version would have them...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Jan 2011 06:27 #20
Jan 7, 2011, 10:03pm, pablovasquez wrote:That's a good idea to make the loading bar go only once. I never could understand why it loads twice.

Sometimes I would think it'd load 3 times, except once you never see because it's too fast. Technically if it crashes, we would know where the problem is, since what it loads of the game is in different loading bars. If we were to do it once and you had a crash somewhere, it would be a lot harder to diagnose. If we do want load once, we need a new way to indicate when it loads what.

15 Jan 2011 03:54 #21
Is it just me or are there a couple of glitches that go along with this.
First of all the MBP works fine but when I switch game to MBG and Custom the Custom appears as -0 and shows a gray picture. I can still play custom levels by using the find icon but when I was playing Marble Mosaic the Moving platform that bounces you disappeared along with the gem that was there. Is all this supposed to happen?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Jan 2011 04:37 #22
afaik there are no custom levels in customs (-0 ? lol), but there are in subfolders. That's why the gray picture shows up. Regarding Marble Mosaic, I didn't make the level, so I can't help you there. If it's a level bug, then take it up to the author as it does not relate with 1.20 in any way.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
15 Jan 2011 04:39 #23
Jan 14, 2011, 8:37pm, admin wrote:afaik there are no custom levels in customs (-0 ? lol), but there are in subfolders. That's why the gray picture shows up. Regarding Marble Mosaic, I didn't make the level, so I can't help you there. If it's a level bug, then take it up to the author as it does not relate with 1.20 in any way.

For the first part, it should have all levels for the main custom display, then you can go into individual subfolders for other stuff. Or default into missions/custom.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Jan 2011 05:37 #24
(I don't know what Phil did, I assume that's how he's done it in order to fix the previous bugs)

• Thank you received: 91
22 Jan 2011 08:41 #25
error found: when the application crashes, it says MarbleBlast Gold has unexpectedly crashed...

check your plists, dev team

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
22 Jan 2011 22:12 #26
Jan 22, 2011, 12:41am, nobody wrote:error found: when the application crashes, it says MarbleBlast Gold has unexpectedly crashed...

It goes by the executable file name and it's better for us to just copy the exe from gold rather than copy and rename

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
23 Jan 2011 11:56 #27
Jan 22, 2011, 2:12pm, perishingflames wrote:
Jan 22, 2011, 12:41am, nobody wrote:error found: when the application crashes, it says MarbleBlast Gold has unexpectedly crashed...

It goes by the executable file name and it's better for us to just copy the exe from gold rather than copy and rename
It's very easy to rename the executable during installation, it's just that renaming the executable causes the game to instantly crash on launch (there's something internal within the executable which causes this to happen), so we've just gotta leave the name.

As far as I know there's nothing we can do about that, it's not really a big deal anyway.

About the custom level select change, perhaps I should restore it back to the default behaviour?

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
23 Jan 2011 19:46 #28
I just tried launching it from the wrapper and it didn't launch, but if you do it from the executable, it launches and doesn't crash.. weird.

• Phil
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
25 Jan 2011 14:46 #29
Deleted both of our posts - I thought at first you were talking about the macgamestore version, and so I didn't really understand the situation

Anyway I've found that the normal version of the game can work with a different executable name. In the Info.plist you just need to change the CFBundleExecutable key to the same name as your newly named executable, then launch the bundle and it should work, however...

Sometimes these changes don't take effect. If the game just immediately opens/quits, you can look in the system log in Console (found in /Applications/Utilities) and it will reveal that the old executable name is still being launched... and so nothing can happen)

Ignore below (what I said before), sorry

Quote:(there's something internal within the executable which causes this to happen)
I tried doing this a while ago and I thought the problem was in there, so I just assumed that... egh.
But I've found you can get around this by just making a copy of the modified bundle and running that and it should work. I think this happens due to the system's LaunchServices database not properly updating or something like that.

However I'm pretty certain with the macgamestore version that we can't use a different game executable name for it (or even a different bundle name). I think this was the reason why I decided to not change the executable's name during installation.

So I think we should just leave the name to be safe. The application's menu shows 'MarbleBlast' (the bundle's base name) and that's just fine.
(note: I didn't add 'Platinum' to the end because I thought it was too long as the bundle's name... I dunno)

08 Nov 2012 16:48 #30
Dec 24, 2010, 3:40am, rdsempire wrote:That means that everyone who have PC will need to whait till summer i guess

2 summers ago

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.024 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.