SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [CLOSED] Online mode: Requesting status

• Thank you received: 0
05 Jan 2015 12:16 - 06 Jan 2015 00:47 #1
Hello!

I'm having an issue with the online mode, it stays frozen on "requesting status" and I cannot login and go further. Does someone have any solution?

Thank you in advance!
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 00:47 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 123
05 Jan 2015 20:54 #2
This was most likely just a momentary server failure, as we transition to the new host. Services should be okay now. If you continue to experience persistent difficulties, let us know. Otherwise just say if all is okay and I'll smoothly resolve this.

~PM
  • Thank you received: 368
06 Jan 2015 00:45 #3
Hi There, and welcome to the Marble Blast Community!

Promarbler is correct - when connecting to the Leaderboards, if you experience a delay or the screen sticking on the "Requesting Status" text, it's most likely a result of a server crash. We have recently fashioned an auto-reboot mechanism for the Leaderboards, so if they detect downtime, they should restart automatically in a few minutes. I'll speak with HiGuy and see if we can have an automatic disconnect when the connection to the Leaderboards fails to respond.

~Aayrl
Marble Blast Community Manager
  • Thank you received: 0
06 Jan 2015 04:55 #4
Thank you for your support :)

I solved my problem by setting an auto login in the option, so I can manage to connect on the lobby with the chat. My problem now is that the leaderboard can't be updated, I cannot download or upload the scores. I have checked my firewall but nothing is blocked so I don't understand what to do, is there anything to do with the port or server configuration?

Thank you for your patience!
  • Thank you received: 123
06 Jan 2015 12:25 #5
If you're talking about your local (offline) times, those remain offline primarily for anti-cheat reasons (though we can manually add exceptions on a per-score basis). If you are simply trying to complete scores online and they are not sending, check to make sure that you have an activated account, via the link sent to your email when the account was created. If you did not get the email and it is not in your spam folder (check!), then you should private-message Aayrl (or HiGuy) for further assistance.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
06 Jan 2015 15:25 #6
Nope, I checked and it looks like his account is activated. As far as I know, the site update to Apache 2.4 somehow managed to slow down the leaderboards scripts. Things still load, just ... slower. I'm not sure exactly why, but I'll attempt to fix this soon.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.939 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.